Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Have You Ever Heard...

Sondre Lerche?

This guy has been around for a few years now and I'm surprised he wasn't brought to my attention earlier. First, he does sound quite a bit like Beck (Sea Change era), especially the more upbeat tracks I've heard from his forthcoming album, The Phantom Punch. But, to simply write him off as a Norwegian Beck would be doing your ears a great disservice. He also lists Beck in his top 4 on the space, so he's not hiding his influences.
Most of his songs are lounged-out and jazzy, with rhythmic guitars softly strumming alongside his distinct croon; a croon as smooth as I Can't Believe it's Not Butter.
The velvety tone of his music is comfortable and inviting, like an over-stuffed micro fiber sofa. The lyrics are sometimes awkward, but he's Norwegian, don't expect him to be Hemmingway in his second language. Start with Two Way Monologue, I consider it his best release so far.

I think the ladies will really go nuts for Sondre Lerche (at least my wife does). I personally enjoy his warm and funky tunes, but I also have a pink skin on my ipod, so take that for what you will.

His myspace is here.

Here are a couple music videos.

Two Way Monologue


Phantom Punch


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home